Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue Massage focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. It is especially helpful for chronically tense and contracted areas such as stiff necks, low back tightness, and sore shoulders. This massage physically breaks down adhesions to relieve pain and restore normal movement. To do this, the massage therapist often uses direct slow movements, deep pressure, as well as friction applied across the grain of the muscles.
Benefits Massage Include:
- Increases circulation and lowers blood pressure
- Emphasizes the elimination of metabolic wastes. This is also effective because it lessens ischemia (reduction of blood supply to organs and/or tissues which affects muscular pain)
- Improves the lymphatic system which also removes waste from the body thus resulting in less swelling from injury
- Used to eliminate painful knots and aches
- Releases endorphins
- Mechanically stretches and elongates muscles, thus increasing flexibility and durability of muscles
- Stimulates parasympathetic nervous system
- Reduction in pain
- Helps improve weak muscles
- Supports relaxation and improves sleep
- Alleviates the restriction of muscles as well as tension and stiffness
- Delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the muscles which reduce muscle fatigue and soreness.
- Breaks up mucus and other respiratory discharge in the lungs.
- Allows the body to become relaxed and begin the repairing process
- Helps the body fight off colds & other illnesses
- Promotes better digestion and relieves digestive problems
- Relaxes body and mind
- Improves all over well-being of the individual
- Relief of inner tension and stress
30 Minutes $65
60 Minutes $105
90 Minutes $160
For an additional $15, add a custom blend to your massage. Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. Choose from a variety of scents such as lemongrass, citrus, eucalyptus, and the widely popular lavender.
*Please inform the receptionist or your technician of any and all allergies to nuts, fruits, herbs, milk, etc. or if you are sensitive to certain scents and if you are pregnant or may be come pregnant before your appointment to avoid any discomfort or complications.