Swedish massage is a gentle, rhythmic massage that relaxes soft body tissue and facilitates healing. It is lighter in touch than other forms of massage and includes long flowing strokes, kneading, and friction techniques on more superficial layers of the muscles. It can loosen stiff joints, reduce muscle tension, and help clear nasal or chest congestion.
BENEFITS of a Swedish Massage Include:
- Increases circulation and lowers blood pressure
- Emphasizes the elimination of metabolic wastes. This is also effective because it lessens ischemia (reduction of blood supply to organs and/or tissues which affects muscular pain)
- Improves the lymphatic system which also removes waste from the body thus resulting in less swelling from injury
- Releases endorphins
- Mechanically stretches and elongates muscles
- Stimulates parasympathetic nervous system
- Reduction in pain
- Helps improve weak muscles
- Supports relaxation and improves sleep
- Alleviates the restriction of muscles as well as tension and stiffness
- Enhances blood circulation
- Increases flexibility and durability of muscles
- Delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the muscles which reduces muscle fatigue and soreness.
- Breaks up mucus and other respiratory discharge in the lungs.
- Allows the body to become relaxed and begin the repairing process
- Helps the body fight off colds & other illnesses
- Promotes better digestion and relieves digestive problems
- Relaxes body and mind
- Improves all over well-being of the individual
- Relief of inner tension and stress
Go to the Aromatherapy/Essential Oils section to learn more about dōTERRA and essential oils.
*Please inform the receptionist or your technician of any and all allergies to nuts, fruits, herbs, milk, etc. or if you are sensitive to certain scents and if you are pregnant or may be come pregnant before your appointment to avoid any discomfort or complications.